In the 1930s, researchers discovered a natural substance in the body that they named hyaluronic acid (HA). They found that it plays a key role in numerous areas of the body including the maintenance of skin volume and hydration, eye volume and shape, as well as joint lubrication and cushioning. Over time, skin begins to lose hyaluronic acid and collagen, resulting in fine lines, wrinkles and a loss of fullness and elasticity
Hyaluronic acid retains water — absorbing more than 1,000 times its weight — and adds volume to the skin’s surface. In addition, hyaluronic acid binds with collagen and elastin and transports essential nutrients to these fibers. The triple combination of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid provides structure, elasticity and volume to the skin and contributes to its overall appearance. Based on these facts, dermal fillers were developed to deliver HA through injections into the areas that have lost their youthful shape through the natural process of aging and even augment some facial features if used correctly.
What are Dermal Fillers used to treat?
- Filler Facelift: restores lost cheek volume, lift the face up and pulls out wrinkles. It requires very experienced hands to deliver it.
- Lip augmentation: leaving your lips full and plump while still staying on the natural side of overall looks.
- Nasolabial folds and smile lines: makes your face look younger and more attractive.
- Marionette lines and oral commissures: improves droopy mouth corners.
- Temple injection: to reverse the loss of volume that occurs in the area due to age to achieve a more balanced and youthful appearance.
- Tear troughs and eyes: to help with the tired look and deepening and darkening of the skin under the eyes.
- Filler Nose job: non-surgical rhinoplasty for bridge construction and refining the nasal tip and shape.
- The jaw line area: could be injected to fill it and provide it with enough support.
- Chin Augmentation: natural chin enhancement can provide impressive improvement.
- Frown lines: to get rid of prominent deep furrows between the eyebrows.
- Hand rejuvenation: to revitalize the skin in the hands leading to a more full and young look and concealing visible bones and veins.
What are the benefits of Dermal Filler?
- Instantaneously visible results that last for a long time.
- Procedures are one visit, non-surgical with no down time.
- Results look natural and the ability to make facial expressions is completely retained.
- Completely correctable and reversible by Hyalurodinase enzyme that breaks it down.
- Excellent safety record and approved by Health Canada and the FDA
What type of fillers do we offer?
- Juvederm: Voluma, Volift, Volbella, Ultra, Plus, XC and Hydrate.
- Restylane/ Emervel collection: Kysse, Volyme, Defyne and Refyne.
- Stylage: Large, Medium and Small.
- Revanesse: Kiss, Contour, Ultra Plus and Pure
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the procedure like?
The procedure is generally very quick around 15-20 minutes depending on the wanted results. The filler is injected into the fine area and softly shaped to get the desired look.
Is the procedure painful?
The needles used for the treatment are very fine and most dermal fillers have Lidocaine in their formula which is a local anesthetic that helps decrease pain and discomfort. Also an anesthetic cream could be used to further minimize the pain and discomfort.
How fast will the results appear?
There are some results you will see right after the procedure but due to the nature of the injectable it will take approximately two weeks to see the effects fully.
How long do the results last?
The results usually last for 6 to 12 months depending on the patient and the procedure done. Some brands last for 18 months up to 2 years. Dermal fillers are broken down by the body around the 6 months mark and usually completely fade around 12 months. When the fillers are completely gone you simply go back to your pre-treatment natural state. The treatment doesn’t leave any signs it was ever done.
Are the results reversible?
Yes, the changes done by filler could be reversed using Hyalurodinase enzyme which breaks down the fillers.
How long is the recovery?
The procedure can leave you with a bit of redness, tenderness, swelling, bruising, or itching. All these symptoms are usually resolved within 7 days (14 days for lips). All these signs can easily be hidden with simple concealer meaning there is no downtime.
How much does the procedure cost?
Different treatment areas require different amounts and types depending on the desired result. When you come in we listen to your concerns and what you want to improve and together we develop a personalized treatment plan to address these issues in the most successful manner.